Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bib Necklace DIY!


Since Who What Wear daily sent me their accessory report on bib necklaces this week, I haven't been able to get them out of my mind. I already found a DIY solution for the Prada earrings that have been so huge for Fall and now Spring and probably Fall again:


Some of Who What Wear's suggestions include this Marlene Birger necklace, retailing for $295 on Net-A-Porter:
I mean, come on! All you need to make this is a couple of jewel thingies ($4-10 at Joann Fabrics), some Fabric ($.50), some glue or thread ($3), ribbon ($2), and a ring of some kind ($3)! This would probably cost you AT MOST $20 to make and that $20 would probably make you 3 necklaces... It's not even a little hard to figure out how to copy this OR to make one in colors you would prefer to wear.

But, I digress. I don't LOVE that necklace up there. I'd rather have something in the caliber of what Molly Sims is wearing in the Who What Wear pic. And, that one would be harder to make. Lucky for me, I found this free pattern from Berocco, called the Uffizi that you could easily make into a bib necklace. Just make the motifs--make more or less, change the pattern, make the neck part longer and viola! Super expensive-looking, fashionable necklace for insanely cheap! This would be fast and easy to make, too:

Don't you love DIY!?

Photos:
Who What Wear Daily
StyleBible.ph
Net-a-porter.com
Berocco.com

0 Comments: