Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shop Shop Shop Time!


I don't know about you guys, but the day after Thanksgiving is my most favorite shopping day! I know, I know. You either love it or you hate it, and most people I know hate it. But, for me it's fun. There's something about the energy of hundreds and thousands of people all around you surging the stores for fantastic deals. There's so much excitement and anticipation and camaraderie. You stand next to the guy in line at 5am and ask him how long he's been waiting. We all swap stories about years past: great deals, crazy late-night waits, and mishaps. It's not just a day to shop it's an entire EXPERIENCE! And, I get all my Christmas presents for great deals!

So, this year I'm again considering going shopping at midnight. Got this in the mail about the outlet malls. It's the third year in a row and I've considered it every year, but never done it. This time, however, I might caffienate myself and bite the bullet. Stay up all night and then wait in line at 4am at an electronics store or something. Although, the deals this year don't look that great and, I must admit, it seems like the same deals are going on at Midnight as on Saturday, so what's the point? Still, it would be a true test of my shopping endurance that I can use to swap stories with future people in line in years to come. Hmmm... what to do?

I'll be in LA at the Camarillo outlets. What do you guys think? Are the deals worth it?

0 Comments: