Monday, September 08, 2008

Quick update

Now that I'm back on the blogger bandwagon, I'll update you a little on what I've been up to. When not swamped with work in the last 6 weeks, I've been jetsetting it back to Indiana for wedding festivities for my best friend in the whole wide world (she's like a sister to me), Julia. She got married over Labor Day weekend and I'm SOOOO happy for her! I planned a bachelorette party and shower for her a month before her wedding and flew out there for that. 


It's been a rocking time, if a bit stressful. 

Then, when I haven't been doing that, I've been sewing. Not as much as I'd like, and I haven't got much designing in, but I started taking an intermediate sewing class, so I've been picking out patterns and checking out fabric. I designed and made aprons for my in-laws for their birthdays and I made scarves with some wool jersey. Really easy! This may be the start of me Etsy store. We shall see. I want to get a bit more inventory up before I start any kind of real selling system.

This weekend I was finally able to catch up on my sewing stash--adding buttonholes to a cashmere sweater, hemming 2 pairs of jeans, and blind-hemming 3 pairs of dress pants. I also finished all my sewing homework (which included trying new seams, which, seriously, was more fun than I ever thought it could be. Seriously. I am so excited to do flat felled and french seams on EVERYTHING). 

Tonight I HOPE I will be able to sew up a dress I've had cut out for weeks and just haven't had time to get to.

And, I'm working my way through a rad knitted sweater I hope I can finish soon... In a month or two.

The 'rents are coming to visit in a few weeks so when I'm not sewing I'll be getting ready for that.

0 Comments: