Thursday, January 19, 2017

Watching my Daughter's Heart Break

Have you ever watched your child suffer?

Have you wished you could take away their pain?

Me too.

My daughter had a meltdown the other night. Twice, actually. She collapsed in tears. I would have been beside myself as to why, but I know why. She's devastated at her father leaving. There is a hole in her heart because he's moving away.

I've never seen her cry so hard. I've seen her melt down like that before, but not in front of others and not in a long, long time.

She melted down and could barely walk from the emotional devastation. Once she calmed down she laid, miserable, on the couch with tears streaming down her face. She looked every bit like a girl suffering a horrendous heart break. I am literally watching her heart break in front of me because of her father's choices. I was so angry with him. I can't believe he would do this to his kids. I can't believe he would make this choice. And, worse, he won't see the fallout. He won't see the devastation. He won't see the pain and suffering he's causing. I will. I already have. He gets to have them for "vacations," for fun. He gets to have his parents help him when he sees them for 8 weeks out of the year.

And I get to do the hard work. I don't mind doing the work. But I wish I could save my babies from the heartbreak.

0 Comments: