Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lace Leaf Scarf


So I started this Lace Leaf Scarf. It's my first lace project. I attempted one many years ago, but failed rather miserably. So I gave up and got a few more years of experience under my belt. And, here we are again! I'm making it with some fabulous wool/silk DK weight yarn from Colourmart UK (who I LOVE--you MUST try it). I think the yarn is a bit thick for the needles and hence my lace project is more of a textured one. Oh well! Live and learn.

I've been struggling with deep unmotivation lately. I've been very tired from running. Aaron and I are training for a 1/2 marathon and the 8 mile runs on weekends tire me out. Plus, it's summer and there's lots to do, so I haven't done much sewing. I have so many projects I want to make, though. At least I'm reading how to start a fashion business, so if I'm sitting on the couch, I'm still being productive... Also, I'm probably going to take a draping class in the fall, so I'm excited to learn more stuff.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments: