Monday, April 06, 2009

IPhone bet: Only 6 days left! And some new knitting to share...

Can you believe it's been nearly a month already?! I can and I can't. Surprisingly, it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, but it's still been a challenge--mainly when I want to go out with friends. I have to repeatedly turn down invitations to lunch or dinner and get creative-- having people over, going out but not buying drinks--that sort of thing. Other than that, it hasn't been that hard to avoid shopping. My favorite store, Jeremy's has been having mad sales and I could have gone and bought stuff for my ebay adventure, but I didn't have the time. It's not too unfortunately, though, because if I'd have gone I would have wanted to buy stuff for me.

One thing I love is that I've been really wearing what I own. I really like that! It's so easy to just buy new stuff and where the new thing for awhile then forget about it when you buy something else new. I like that I'm finally getting some wear out of all my shopping purchases!

And, I started and finished some projects. One thing I finished was a pet bed. I gotta get the pic up soon, but it was crocheted out of T-shirts and I added a cushion made with fabric I had stuffed with fabric scraps! So far kitty doesn't seem to love it. Any ideas on how to get him to?


You can see from this pic my newest project (the scarf on the model on the magazine is the same one). I had 2 colors of Alpaca I wanted to use up, but not enough to do a full scarf in either color. So, instead of doing tired stripes or blocking, I'm doing this massively creative Woven Trellis Scarf from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2007. I LOVE this idea! I'll do alternating strips in the alternating colors then weave them all together.

Other updates: I'm busy with the Easter Play "Light of Hope" at ALCF in Mountain View, if anyone wants to go! And, I've been working on writing an article I was asked to write for Intercom magazine. YAY! Go my other career!

0 Comments: