Thursday, February 05, 2009

Where have I been?

(That's me in a horrendous snow suit. I didn't end up wearing it sledding with my cousins in the snow, but it made for a funny picture!)

I have been snowbound in Indiana for more than a week. My grandmother passed away unexpectedly last week and I left very quickly hoping to get there in time to say goodbye. Unfortunately, I didn't make it, but I did arrive just in time to see an ice storm in Cincinatti, 10 or so inches of snow all through Indiana and Ohio, and miss my flight due to 3 (yes 3!) multiple car pile-ups. Here's a video of the 2 accidents I got stuck behind due to weather.

The second one they mention in the video is the one that stopped us first. We were actually 30 seconds away from being involved. we were less than 3/4 of a mile from it and it was between us and an exit off the highway. So, we were stuck on the highway for FOUR HOURS! Then we got stuck behind and re-routed due to the big one (the first one they mention in the video). Overall, I left 5 hours early for my flight, but it took us 7 hours to get to the airport which is normally 1.5 hours away!

0 Comments: