Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hooray! I found an internship in the fashion industry!

So, last night I met with the owner of a small baby clothing line, Origany. He has been in business for a short time and sells only organic clothing, which is super cool!

I am going to be a head designer of a new area where he is branching out in children's wear. Isn't that exciting! I get to choose the colors and design the line for boys and girls. Of course, the line will be all organic and great, soft material. But, there will hopefully be more color and interesting design than what is currently offered.

This is super exciting for me and if you have ideas or suggestions, feel free to send them my way. We have to get the line out fast, though, so I'll be working really hard on nailing down the ideas in the next couple of weeks. I should be getting TONS of great hands-on experience in this, so I'm very, very excited!

2 Comments:

emily 3:39 PM  

Congratulations babe! I'm so happy for you!!! When I get preggers, I hope you'll have some cute stuff for me baby. :)

Mrs. Waldher 2:07 AM  

color !! lots of color. organic prints are good, try to steer clear of too much pattern. venture into leggings etc.. if possible. pick a theme and try to stay with it for a season. any more questions or insights email me, I work for a children's fashion retailer so I am somewhat of a fount of information :)