Monday, December 29, 2008

Finished Projects!

Hooray! I finally finished some projects and got around to uploading them to show you! I have more I've finished and I promise pics are on their way soon as well as some new Etsy store items! YAY! I'm getting closer to having an inventory and I don't want to post too much until I'm there. I've been hard at work trying to figure out things like fit, etc. on some of the things I've made for myself. That's sucking up my time, leaving less time for posting. But... I'm back at work now so I'll be posting more regularly again. Thanks for your patience!

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Here's the bag I made for my mother-in-law for Christmas:



It turned out super well. The leather-look stuff is something weird and rubbery I got from discount fabrics this past summer. I was saving it to work on for something cool and I'd say this works well. I'm using the rest of it to try out a new clutch pattern and I'll have it out shortly for you to see! But this one is from a pattern: M5487 by McCall's. It wasn't very hard, but it was more labor intensive than I thought. Maybe it's just easier when it's your own pattern? I don't know. Either way, I learned some new, cool techniques that I can hopefully pass on to you soon.


Here is the jacket I was working on for my class. It turned out okay and it looks like it fits in these pics, but I swear it feels about a size or so too big, so who knows!?



It's from McCall's 5477. It wasn't very hard at all, even with the lining. I'd really recommend it. But, I need to experiment with fit, because my teacher had me change some things that I'm not sure I'm happy with... What do you guys think? Does it fit?

0 Comments: