Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Exploring my options

Well, in case you didn't know, I'm very quickly learning just how much clothing is my passion. I seriously can't believe I didn't get this before... At any rate, I always knew I had a flare for style and fashion and now I'm learning how to apply it. So, here are some things I'm going to be doing in the near future (besides sewing and taking classes and getting an internship) to help with this:

1. I'm going to volunteer with Career Closet to get experience talking to real women who have different fit/clothing needs than I do. I'm going to get to help people and I will most likely plan and hold a swap event to benefit them (once I am convinced their org is doing great things, like I think they are).
2. I'm going to start dumpster diving or something similar to get free clothing to recycle into new stuff. I'm currently researching options beyond freecycle and Craigslist--one that helps people who DON'T know about those resources avoid filling landfills.
3. I'm going to open up an etsy store (once I've built my stock up a bit).
4. I'm going to research the possibility of reselling vintage clothes I find in landfills for profit. Not sure yet if that will be worthwhile...

Any other ideas you have that can help me find my path are welcome!

0 Comments: