Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Using a Spoon, Saying Words...

My full-fledged toddler is working on using a spoon. She has a baby doll now that she is obsessed with and can say "baby" along with a growing list of additional words. She is amazing!

I am working hard on trying not to work too hard. That is, I'm working hard at work, so I'm trying to rest when I am home--trying to give myself a break. Trying not to take on too many projects. Yesterday I (wahoo!) upcycled an ugly jumpsuit into a cute pair of pants. I'd been working on that for about 6 days give or take... It was a simple fix - cut off the top, turn under the top, add a piece of elastic... would have taken me 2 hours in the old days...

This weekend my big plan is to *maybe* have a garage sale and otherwise work on making roman shades for our kitchen (yay!). I ordered tons of fabric and I'm about halfway through curtains for Double's room. If I'm lucky I'll finish one of those. Otherwise, I've been instructed to lay low. Maybe, I'll get around to trying out my nail gun (did you know you needed an air compressor to make it work? I didn't, so I had to buy one before I can use it! Sheesh!)...

0 Comments: