Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Knitted FOs!


Finally, I'm getting a chance to show you some of the baby stuff I've knitted! Hooray! It's not normal fashion, but instead Baby Fashion! Above, is a picture of my model, Amelia, 1 month old (a.k.a. my daughter). She has the tummy time blanket I designed and knitted for her on top of her. She is doing her "fight the power" pose, which, combined with her hair, will make her our punk rock princess!


Above, I made the changing pad cover she is laying on of Lion Brand fisherman's wool both dyed and undyed. I actually dyed the dyed portion myself years ago using Koolaid! More info on that here if you'd like to learn how.

Hat: Cabled baby hats pattern made in Elann Peruvian Baby Cashmere yarn and finished off with a bit of Alpaca. Can't seem to find the name of it at the moment. Pants are made from this pattern in a superwash wool sock yarn. I think it was Happy Feet.


These baby pants are these pants made in a Superwash wool. Again, not sure of the name of the yarn. I can find out if you want. Stripes are of my own invention. I though they looked pleasantly 80's and girly.

BTW, baby pants are a great thing to knit! We have so many onesies, but then there's nothing on her legs and socks don't say on that well. And you can lanolize them and use them as a diaper cover or a diaper cover cover haha... Plus I've been informed that wool is the best fabric for all seasons. Apparently it's moisture wicking so that in the summer it keeps you cool and in the winder it keeps you warm.

1 Comments:

adrian 9:59 PM  

Adorable!