Monday, November 09, 2009

Maternity Clothes I Made!

I made the following maternity clothes to supplement my wardrobe. The first (and my crowning pride and joy) is this one. I got the pattern from Burda Fashion magazines. It's an older pattern--from the early 2000's, but I think in a nice white it's pretty classic. It's my first Burda Fashion magazine pattern and, while it was mostly easy, isn't for beginners. The fit of this blouse is AMAZING though!

Here are some skirts I made when I started getting too big for most of my shorts and other skirts. They aren't really "maternity," but they all have elastic waists so I can grow with them (and hopefully shrink with them too):






This one is Marie, from BurdaStyle.com. It's a free pattern. Instead of a normal waistband, I used some super-stretchy knit fabric for the waist. Easy to pull on and off the bump and, in the future, on and off the waist:

1 Comments:

Melsie81 12:01 PM  

Cute skirts! God, you have such a flair. If I lived close to you, I would suggest we open a business, b/c honestly, this stuff is incredible and it would sell like hotcakes. By the by, I LOVED these purses and scarves you sent. I'm using the one light blue purse as I type. I have gotten so many compliments on it!! : D