Tuesday, June 09, 2009

What's Your Favorite DIY Website? Comment Here and Win Stuff!


So it seems that I just can't get away from rompers. I was shopping in Loehmann's with a friend this weekend and saw what I thought were adorable dresses, then I saw the shorts and shuddered. Then I had a conversation with a friend who found them adorable and now BurdaStyle.com has posted a pattern for one and I'm left thinking, "What the heck?!" So I guess I better get on board. Or, maybe just sit in silent protest. At the very least, it got me even more motivated to create some patterns for some other new and bizarre fashions, like these here:


Threadbanger posted a DIY project for these drop-crotch pants recently and frankly I don't like any of their pattern suggestions. I'm totally convinced that these can be really easy to make, so I'm on a mission to create an easy version and, hopefully, a tutorial. I need to get on that. So, while we are in the spirit of DIY, I needed a new contest for another blog GIVEAWAY! YAY!

This time I'm giving away a three step line from Aroma-Sothys. To enter, simply comment on this post with your favorite DIY website or blog (I will also accept a fashion website or blog or discount fashion website) and your email address or a way for me to contact you if you win. I'll enter you in a drawing to win! YAY! Here's more about Aroma-Sothys and what you'll get:

Luxury French skin care company Sothys, has been pampering women at the spa and at home for over 60 years, and are introducing a more affordable and relaxing way to experience spa quality products without breaking your budget. The Aroma-Sothys relaxation line from Sothys features a three-step program designed to benefit the skin and the mind.

Refresh and cleanse with an indulgent bath

  • Aroma-Sothys Energizing Bath Essences Tablets are effervescent, playful, and revitalizing bath pebbles that will enrich your bath with their tonic and energizing fragrance. Price: $26

Pamper and awaken the senses with the beneficial virtues of essential oils

  • Aroma-Sothys Energizing Essential Oils Elixir, is a magical experience of concentrated essential oils that promises to restore and tone the skin’s natural essence. Price: $26

Seal and protect to keep your skin moist and glowing all summer long

  • Sothys Aroma-Sothys Massage Elixir Message your body with a cocktail of ginger, nutmeg, orange, marula and mandarin essential oils. This elixir is sure to leave your skin with a satin-like gloss and perfume finish. Price: $38
PC: Burdastyle.com, Threadbanger.com

2 Comments:

Aaron Kirk 8:12 PM  

My favorite DIY fashion site is definitely, I'd rather be knitting.

Mskirko 6:15 PM  

Forgot to add that the drawing ends June 15!