Monday, July 14, 2008

What a weekend!


Oi Vey! What a weekend. The highs and lows abounded!

First the low note (because it's brief and there's so much more to say on the high note): My cellphone got stolen over the weekend. WAAAHH!!! (that's me crying). I was at a club and dancing and it fell out of my purse. I figured it out about 10 seconds later when I found the case on the floor, but no phone. Neither the janitor nor the security guards found it. Since it was ridiculously expensive, I couldn't insure it. So, now I'm out a whole phone ...

On the positive side, I checked out the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco this weekend. And it was fabulous. So many great designers and the best part? I got to meet some of my favorite DIY bloggers in PERSON!

I met the rad guys at Burdastyle.com, CraftStylish.com, and (the icing on the cake:) Threadbanger.com!

At the Threadbanger booth, I gushed with enthusiasm for their fabulous site and they filmed me for the show! So... if and when they post it, I'll post it here for you guys. While I was there, I made a tote bag with some awesome fabric and Janome sewing machines that they were giving away for free. On top of all that, they gave me a free Threadbanger T-shirt, too! What more could I ask for? Tutorial, tote bag, t-shirt, and fame! Here's me modeling the shirt and bag:


More pics of the bag:


0 Comments: