Wednesday, July 16, 2008

OMG! Fabric at Ikea!

Okay, so I was thinking recently about how I see all these adorable handbags around with amazing retro fabrics, but that I never see these kind of fabrics at Joann's or my local quilting shop. I could buy them online, but then I'd have to order it and, if it wasn't what I wanted, return it or eat the cost. What's a girl to do?

I'm in love with so many gorgeous fabrics by Amy Butler and others and, since I can't find them locally, was just going to be resigned to going to my local thrift store and seeing if I can find any old sheets to turn into rad handbags. When, lo and behold, I thought of the answer. IKEA! When I was shopping for curtain fabric a few months ago when we moved into our new apartment, I remembered seeing some amazing fabric there. But, I wasn't feeling up to making much on the sewing machine, so I passed it up. Now, I am ready! I'll be checking out the fabric here, then going in person to buy some stuff. Once I use up what I have now, of course!

0 Comments: