Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I GOT A SEWING MACHINE!


I got a sewing machine! I had one, but it was really old and hard to work with. Now I have a pretty, computerized one and I've been making all kinds of cool stuff!

I made a dress from the magazine "Quick projects to sew" by Tauton Press (publishers of Threads magazine) that I got at the Maker Faire last weekend in San Mateo, CA:



And then I made this bag from an online tutorial by ric-rac:



I made it reversible by putting a button on both the inside and the outside and putting a small piece of elastic on the top.

Great, huh? I also made some tote bags and now I need to learn how to make a zippered wristlet. I'm also going to try to make that dress again in a wrinkle-free fabric so I can take it to Europe with me and have a nice travel dress while I'm there. So exciting! You can see more pictures of my projects (as I update them, too) here.

0 Comments: